Online applications are now open for the Big Bang Competition for young people.
Whether it’s a brand new project, or has been completed as part of another competition, all science, technology, engineering and maths projects are welcome. The Big Bang Competition is open to all 11-18-year olds in full-time education or training. Through the process of undertaking a project, we want them to build on and develop their skills and gain confidence and enthusiasm to take their journey with STEM even further.
- Allow young people to explore an area of interest and develop independent learning skills
- Compete for over £20,000 worth of amazing prizes, including the chance to be crowned GSK UK Young Engineer or GSK UK Young Scientist of the Year
- Opportunities to network with like-minded peers and STEM employers
- Boost profile of achievement on UCAS form or college application
How to get started
The project can be on any topic in the field of STEM and the options are limitless! Here are some particularly intriguing science project titles we’ve had over the years:
- What is a bird’s favourite colour?
- Should we trust artificial intelligence with our lives?
- How well do we wash our hands?
We’ve also seen many brilliant engineering inventions and designs entered into the Competition and these ideas often stem from where a student has spotted a problem in their community or even in their own homes that they want to try and tackle – be it reducing waste or improving disabled accessibility.
Find out more in The Big Bang Competition Get Started Guide.
Deadline: 8 November 2019