- Do you love young people’s creativity and believe in their potential to change the world?
- Do you you want to inspire the next generation to develop their critical thinking, problem solving, research and team work skills?
- Are you passionate about people and the planet and looking for a job with purpose?
- Do you want to join a small award-winning social enterprise and play a key part in helping it grow?
If you answered yes to those four questions read on…
We are on the hunt for a full time Programme Coordinator to lead our Big Ideas programme in London and South England. The post will be supporting a maximum of 12 schools in South/ East London, Portsmouth and Kent. We are looking for someone who shares our values, has a positive attitude and the character for the role as well as bringing new ideas and skills to the team and being open to personal development.
The post will be home-based in either Portsmouth, London or surrounding areas with travel across the region visiting schools and business partners. Some national travel to support events in other regions will also be required and this will be more frequent at the height of the programme (Nov – Feb and May) and will involve an overnight stay. Please indicate on application where you are based.
S4TP is a multi-award-winning social enterprise which runs the Big Ideas programme, an annual STEM, enterprise and sustainability programme involving teams of 11-14-year-olds, from participating schools. In the last six years over 17,000 young people have been supported by business mentors in the Big Ideas programme to develop big ideas to solve big global sustainability challenges, using a project-based learning methodlogy. After an initial launch day, the Big Ideas Day, teams go on compete in our national Big Ideas Competition, developing their Big Ideas as either school/community projects; small businesses or social enterprises and are supported by employee mentors from our partner businesses throughout.
Since 2013, we have grown our impact from 2 to 12 cities and 600 to 4000 young people per year and our team from two Co-Founders to five co-creators (with a Non-Exec Board of five to back us up).We are looking for someone who can flourish in the role alongside the evolution of the organisation. You will need to be comfortable with remote management and working without day-to-day supervision.
This is an exciting time to be joining Solutions for the Planet at a time of significant growth and development and will require a “can-do” and “muck-in” attitude.
Our Vision: A generation of young people ready and able to respond to 21st century sustainability challenges in innovative and enterprising ways.
- Sustainability and Responsibility
- Transparency and Integrity
- Creativity and Innovation
- Partnership and Collaboration
Start date: Beginning September 2019 (or as soon as possible)
Contract: 12 month contract (with likely extension – permanent)
To apply please email:
- A covering letter explaining your interest in the role and how you meet the criteria in the person specification (no more than 1 A4 page long)
- A short video outlining why you are interested in this role (no more than 2 minutes)
- An up-to-date CV (no more than 2 x A4 pages long)
Email these to email@example.com by the application deadline at 5.00pm (noon) on Friday 16th August 2019.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a telephone interview on Thursday 22nd or Friday 23rd August, followed by a face-to-face interview during the w/c Tuesday 26th August 2019 in London.